Sunday, June 2, 2019

JUNE = Loomis Month

So I've decided to work on figure drawing again, because drawing storyboards is all about gesture and I am losing my ability to properly draw the figure. I was reading some old school 80s comics as of late (Teen Titans by Wolfman and drawn by Perez). And I was wondering where they studied from...so I picked up this 'How to draw the Marvel way' by Stan Lee and Buscema and noticed how it's almost exactly the same as the Loomis method!



So here's my journey this month to go back over some fundamentals using Loomis: Figure drawing for All it's Worth.

PROPORTIONS
I never really pay attention to proportions, I never measure anything, so this was a good place to start, check out how similar the proportions are in Loomis and the Marvel one:




No comments:

Post a Comment