Monday, January 15, 2024

ARTacademy: Level Up

So I've been playing with this idea of coming up with a system to track and motivate my drawing progress. 

In short,  I've broken down certain areas into skills to practice like : Loomis Mannikin, Hands, Heads, Composition, etc... So for every skill if you fill a page of study or practice in your sketchbook , it earns 10 EXP, and you level up that skill after 10 pages (100 EXP).  You get a proficiency badge in a skill at level 5 (meaning you would've drawn 50 pages for that skill. 

Then you also can earn artist badges by studying (copying) an artist you admire, currently I am studying John Buscema.

Silly I know, but gotta keep things fun :D

So far I have tracked the following ones (I post these studies on my life drawing blog ) :

Loomis Mannikin : LVL3 / 0 EXP
Heads : LVL1 / 40 EXP
Hands : LVL 4 / 10 EXP
Buscema : LVL1/ 20 EXP

When I beat a level, I'll try and draw a victory sketch. This is beating the Loomis Mannikin LVL 2 :P



No comments:

Post a Comment