Friday, October 11, 2013

Submission for the Animation Art Show Auction

So the guys at Boulder organize an Art Auction every year for charity (http://www.animationartshow.com/) . Last year I submitted a zombie sketch from my sketchbook and this year I did a slightly more elaborate drawing.

I always like doing something traditional because it's easier to mess up, so it also adds a sense of personality to it.

My idea was to draw a kid who's sketchbook spills out into the creations he thought up. All the characters are characters I've drawn at some stage during the last couple of years. If I'd need to name the piece I'd name it "Dream Big". Cheesy as it sounds, you need to keep dreaming, keep being a kid, keep being unrealistic..

The final pencils:

The original digital sketch:


The pencil work in progress:

No comments:

Post a Comment