Monday, December 31, 2018

STORY: Character sketches

Once I had my initial idea. It's time to explore more ideas, some people will do that by writing, but as artists I feel we should do this through drawing aswell. So a great way to get a feel for your characters and start thinking about the possibilities of their abilities to deal with the problems in the story is to write down 'ACTIONS', like 'cooking, running, sleeping, relaxing, panicking, etc..

Don't stay on model, because at this stage you shouldn't have anything definite, it's a piece of clay ready to be molded and remolded until you feel it's right.

Unfortunately since I didn't have a working pc for a while, I didn't scan in my drawings, but I found a sheet with some of the sidekick characters. As you can tell these are really bad drawings, but they are scribbles of the mind. They help you think and develop characters, good drawings come later (hopefully :D)




No comments:

Post a Comment