Saturday, December 29, 2018

STORY: CONCEPT IDEA

So embarrassing as it may be, I'm going to post my progress here with my story. If I would retrace it afterwards when I'm finished, I probably would've forgotten what I came up with first.

THE IDEA

I think ideas can come from anything, they can be good or bad. But usually any idea that you stumble on will be exciting at least for those first moments. So better have a pen ready to write it down before you forget or talk yourself out of it.

My idea came to me while I was in bed, watching a movie half interested. My mind wandered and I came to the idea of doing a Zombie apocalypse from the perspective of a pet. That's it, simple concept but it ticked all the boxes for me.

(below is that very first page with the birth of the idea)




Immediately what came to mind was 'the Secret Life of Pets' and a manga called 'I am Hero'. And that's all you need to get started on your idea. A strong enough of an idea to spark a lot of visuals, characters and world building. And most importantly something you can see yourself draw/write.

No comments:

Post a Comment