Thursday, January 10, 2019

STORYBOARD PT1 - Script to Thumbnails

I'm putting my zombie story on hold for a bit as I was reminded I had another story up my sleeves that I had completely forgotten about. I wrote this story as part of an assignment for my storyboarding class but unfortunately I never got to finish it because I had a test for a storyboardingjob that took priority. I also didn't have a computer, so I can finally come back to this story now that it had some time to breathe.

I remember I hated the thumbnails I did so much for this at the time, but looking at it now they are perfectly fine. I've put up my script followed by the thumbnails for the opening scene. This scene is just meant to set up the main character and location.

1) SCRIPT (Click for larger size)
I originally pitched this as a 2 page story to the group, and our teacher Mark Walton loved it and contributed many ideas to it. So ultimately I ended up writing an 8 page script. Here's the opening scene:

2)Thumbnails
I drew these really small to stop myself from getting fancy with the drawings (Photoshop). Looking at it again 6 months later, I actually think these read really clearly. Not much is needed to communicate an idea.




Here is the original presentation:

No comments:

Post a Comment