Thursday, January 10, 2019

STUDY: Tekkinkonkreet BG

So in preparation for my story development, I need to brush up on my painting skills (pun intended), I am going to try and stick with Autodesk Sketch because it's free. And free is awesome for artists who are broke, so scr*w you Photoshop! This is a quick study of a BG painting from Tekkinkonreet, which stylistically at least will be my main influence.

It sucks yes, but you gotta start somewhere :P For my own records I have a stop by step below of the process.

With the standard pencil brush I sketch in the drawing:

I create a later underneath and put in the main light values:

Then on another layer I go in with detail (still beneath the lineart, except that I toned down the visibility to 60%. 



Here is the brush I use for 'painting', which is a standard brush left un-altered:


No comments:

Post a Comment