I felt kinda bad that I haven't updated here since last wednesday, I've been on fire lately though on my other blog. Working on those figure studies every day! Had a very loong day at work today, but glad I still dragged my butt off to life drawing. Check out the drawings here.
I also recently bought a little artist Manikin to help me out with poses from imagination. So I drew one pose and completed a figure drawing without using any reference apart from the wooden manikin for the pose.
The good stuff:
- I really see the improvements on rendering form on the middle section of the body, which I previously always had problem with.
- Definitely a more natural pose working with the manikin.
- Also see an improvement in the knees, I think the figure also has some weight in it.
The stuff to work on:
- How the hip connects to the legs..I think I kinda pulled it off but I'm really just guessing.
- Upper legs still feel kinda weird to me, I'm not at all confident about where the muscles connect to hips or knees
- The connection of the arms to the torso, also the inner arm muscles
Below is the process I went through to draw the figure:
1) Gesture based on Manikin pose